Thursday, December 24, 2009

tis the season

I suppose that the holidays are a time for reflection, but in this instance it’s bullshit: I think about KC everyday. It’s Christmas but it doesn’t matter. It could be any day in any month. And it’s always the smallest things that remind me of him. A reference to a TV show he loved. An album or a song he listened to. His thoughts on modern banking. His convictions on anything. It’s the smallest things that remind me of him and I never know when they’ll surface. I wish I was lying when I said I think about him everyday. I don’t know how he did it, but KC did two things – he brought people together and showed us how to live. I remember his birthday when his friends’ band played in his living room. He was dancing and moving and rocking out and while we watched the band we watched him dance and someone said in between songs, “is KC being passionate about something?” and it was said as a joke because everyone knew his passion for life. Today that joke hangs in the air. We saw it. We took notice of it. And we envied it. I don’t know what else to say about him that wasn’t already obvious to everyone that knew him. I’ll only know I’ll always miss him and whenever I make a new friend I’ll only wish they had known him too.

No comments: